"Born in the darkness, to live in the darkness, that's the ninja's creeeed."
Not to be confused with the Thyme Warp of the same name.
Taken from Sonic News Network
A straight-laced detective, Espio is serious, practical, intelligent and wise. He has a militaristic discipline despite being quiet and laid-back. Espio is additionally portrayed as being stubborn, opinionated and self-obsessed. Despite this, he has an excellent drive to all that he does and flourishes off of peril, getting himself into threatening situations to flex and polish his ninja skills, and, due to his extensive training, he can confront these troubles head-on unconcerned by danger.
Espio values his freedom more than anything else, and in the wake of being caught in Dr. Robotnik's Combi Machine, he looked to stop the evil scientist no matter what. This is due to his reserved demeanor, which hides a burning sense of justice and a refusal to let evil have its way. As such, Espio gives the impression of a rather ruthless demeanor when facing villains; when encountering Dr. Eggman in Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog, the usual civil and soft-spoken chameleon would make threats at the doctor's life. Espio is also seen as a ninja-based character; his battle poses and shuriken stars support that portrayal.
To be added.
Espio first appeared in Pirates of Solitaire. After Lucas was nearly killed by Infinite, the Chaotix rescued him as soon as they heard of the jackal's latest attack. He then decided to join the Locked Room Gang, since Vector wanted to.
Abilities and Weapons
- Invisibility: Espio can partake a form of invisibility with great concentration. If he loses his focus (For example, sneezing or getting distracted), or gets hit with paint, ink or any other covering substance, he will prematurely lose invisibility.
- Ninja Weaponry: He has a large amount of throwing kunais and shurikens that he can use at any time. If he attaches a rope to one of his kunais, he could use it as a makeshift grappling hook.
- Vector: Vector is the leader of Team Chaotix, so Espio follows his commands, albeit with occasional reluctance. He seems him as a worthy leader, even if he is slightly hapless.
- Charmy Bee: While Espio thinks Charmy is useful in some situations, he also finds him incredibly annoying and immature, and can sometimes ruin his stealth. He still keeps Charmy around, however.
- Silver the Hedgehog: The two are fairly close allies. During tough times, the two often work together to push through.
- Espio is Moon Snail's personal favorite Sonic character, which is why Espio the Thyme Warp was named like that.